QUARTZ training activities aim at helping the Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) to achieve the best scientific and technological preparation in IAR and the quantum mechanical framework, international relationships with leading research groups in Europe and outside Europe, transversal skills useful to disseminate their own research work at the highest level possible, and to get a deep understanding of the strategic priority of "Open Science". The QUARTZ training activities aim at complementing the doctoral schools offered by the organisations.
The training programme of QUARTZ can be organized in three main areas: training through research (i.e., supervision, secondments and workshops), training activities, and transversal skill training.
- QUARTZ Winter School (February 7-14, 2018, Padova, Italy)
Training through research
- QUARTZ Workshop 1 (held in conjuction with the QUARTZ Winter School, Padova, Italy)
- QUARTZ Workshop 2 (June 20-22, 2018, Luton, UK)
- QUARTZ Workshop 3
- QUARTZ Workshop 4
Transversal skill training
- TS1: Academic writing (June 22, 2018, Luton, UK)
- TS2: Research Data Management (June 20, 2018, Luton, UK)
- TS3: Presentation techniques in English (June 21, 2018, Luton, UK)
- TS4: Impact and research communication skills
- TS5: Career Management for Researchers
- TS6: Technology Transfer: from Research Prototypes to Innovative Product